Tuesday, January 19, 2010

About my non-fairytale life....




Being my first blog let me tell you all a little about myself....

My name is Laura Rood. I am 25 years old and am living my everyday life here in sunny Lakewood Ranch, Florida. I spend my time working in a little barber shop doing men's manicures and pedicures, when i am not touching funky feet I am a full time pre-nursing student at the local college.

I have scattered family all over the states of Ohio and Florida, and I am fortunate to have friends all over the world! I don't get to see any of them as often as i would like to but this phase in my life is keeping me at home and quite busy.

I have a wonderful baby girl at home (baby meaning my dog Missy).


She is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and my whole world at this time.
She is almost 3 years old now and is spoiled to death.

I swore in my life i would never be one of those people that treat the family dog better than they would their own kids, but alas it has happened. Maybe, I should just go ahead and get my rocking chair and the other 10 dogs i need and call myself a spinster.


Aside from my boring everyday information i want to clue you all in on a few reasons why i felt this blog was necessary....
I have a daily struggle with life. I suffer from something called PCOS, it is a reproductive problem that inhibits me fom having children and causes weight gain....(every anorexic out there now has something to have nightmares about). I am having a hard time with the path in life that God and Fate has laid in front of me and sometimes I just don't know what to do with the emotional pain and energy from the physical struggle. So, after a night of no sleep and a year of anger and confusion I have decided to put it all in a blog...
I know that no one might read this...or who knows a lot of people might read this...but I have nothing to hide anymore. This blog is a sanctuary for me and I hope that anyone that reads this that has the life struglle that I have might be inspired to make a blog themselves or find inspiration in their own lives so the day-to-day motions aren't so bad.

But anyway, aside from my melencholy self....I truly hope that you all enjoy this blog and participate in it, especially if you are going through the same things as myself.....

No comments:

Post a Comment